Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Letters

One of the things my Grandma was so good at was sending cards. Her Christmas cards were always the first ones we got every year, and she always sent us cards for every holiday, Valentines, St. Patricks Day, Easter etc. This past year since she passed away, it's one of the things I've missed the most!


Our society has really gotten away from the hand written note or cards. We send emails and text or just tag everyone in a Facebook status. Which is great and I love how we can all stay so connected but I think we are missing out on that personal touch. 

This year I've decided to get back to it. I'm going to send out more letters more cards to my friends and family. Because I know nothing beats getting a letter in the mail from someone you love! It's really a little piece of them for you to hold onto.

I've also decided that I want these to be unique, not just a store bought card or a plain piece of paper but something I've made. So I'm going to attempt to paint or draw all my cards. Yikes! An artist I am not so friends and family if you get one of these cards, be kind and know it was made with love!

Here's my first one! 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment