Monday, August 27, 2012

Lounge worthy Pillow Mats!


So another idea from Pinterest… I saw this great idea for a pillow mat!

I made these when my sister and 3 of her 4 kids came to visit! I thought Pillow mats would be so much more comfortable than just sleeping on the floor! I even made one for my son and an extra one for when he has friends over!

For the boys I decided to dye the pillow cases red & blue and I used one printed case for the top, a Spider Man and a Darth Vader!

 For my Niece I bought pink polka dot pillowcases!

They all loved lounging around on them and they folded up easily to be out of the way!

Ok so here’s how you make these super comfortable pillow mats.

You will need:

 4 pillow cases (I used 5 for my son but he’s almost 5’4”)

Matching thread

4 pillows

Then you sew the cases together, lay them right sides together and sew them so that the openings are on the same side! You want all the pillows to go in on the same side! Just sew a straight stitch I used about a 1/4in seam.  Just sew all the cases on and you are done! I did see on Pinterest that you could put a snap on to keep the pillow cases closed, but I decided to forgo this step!  (and it worked just fine)

This project can be made almost for free if you use old pillowcases and have extra pillows lying around! I bought all new pillows from Wal-Mart and they were $2.50 a piece. I got a great deal on pillowcases from Burlington they were $6 for 4! I bet Thrift stores would be a great place to look as well!

HAPPY SEWING!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the pink pillow cases??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shanna, I found them at Burlington Coat Factory last summer!

      Delete