Monday, January 13, 2014

Healthy Meals: Quinoa Fried Rice


Last week I shared a Healthy Dessert and this week I am going to share a Healthy Meal idea. Have you tried Quinoa yet? I had it for the first time a few years ago. It's a grain that provides many nutrients including protein. It's considered a superfood because of how nutrient dense it is.

Somehow I had never made it for the Hubster, probably because I tend to try new foods when he's away! I decided I wanted to see if it would stand in for rice in a traditional fried rice. I think it did perfectly. Did the Hubster like it? Ehh well he didn't hate it! Man-Child had seconds which means he liked it. 

Here's what you'll need:

2 cups Quinoa, cooked

2 eggs, scrambled

1 cup frozen Peas

1 Carrot, shredded

4 TBSP Soy Sauce

1 Onion, diced

1 TBSP Butter

Here's how you make it:
In a large frying pan melt Butter over medium heat. Add in the Quinoa, Peas, Carrotts and Onions. Cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent. Add in the Soy Sauce, stir to combine. Make a well in the middle of the Quinoa and pour in the Eggs, stirring to cook. Stir the Eggs into the Quinoa. Let cook a few more minutes, remove from heat and it is ready to serve.

Enjoy 

3 comments:

  1. Never tried Quinoa befoe,ight just have to now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes some getting used to! But it's really good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful its a very good recipes to make delicious food thanks for information

    ReplyDelete