Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Picnic Blanket



The Dog Days of Summer are here, well for some of you. It’s a little on the chilly side in the Pacific North Coast, but the weather man is calling for a really nice(80's) week of weather! Even though the kiddos are all going back to school I thought I would post this great picnic blanket! Who knows maybe now with all the kids in school you and your significant other can get away for a lunch time picnic! I love to have impromptu lunch dates with my Husband, and a picnic just sounds so romantic!

Here’s What you’ll need:

Hankerchiefs (I used 9)

Denim Fabric 3 yards

Batting 3 yards

Thread

Yarn

My Inspiration for this Blanket came from I have to say...

She has a really great tutorial for a kids sewing project. I did decide to make my blanket larger and sturdier because I want to use it outside and I want it to hold up to the elements around us be it the grass, beach, patio, wherever we decide to be! That’s why I opted for a denim fabric. I also almost doubled the size of mine. But check out her tutorial and then make the changes like I did and you will have a great outdoor blanket!                    

2 comments:

  1. Really neat and makes me want to try. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseann, It was so easy to make! And we use it all the time!

      Delete