Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Twice Baked Potatoes


Twice Baked Potatoes

The other day I did a post on a Meatloaf that I had made for one of my Husbands Soldiers, I had also made twice baked potatoes to go along with that dinner. These potatoes are soooooo good! And my family requests them often! I made them for this past Easter and they were gone so quickly that I only had a small piece of one! The great thing about these is that you can make just a few or a bunch and really it doesn’t take all that much longer! If I’m making them for a crowd I Will often cut them in quarters to make them go farther!

After they are done baking cut in half to speed up the cooling

Notice the potato still let in the skin!

 

Here’s what you’ll need

Baking Potatoes (I used 4 russets)

1/3 cup Sour Cream

½ cup Shredded Cheese

2 TBSP Milk

2TBSP Butter

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

Salt & Pepper

The Garlic, Onion, Salt & Pepper are all to taste, I honestly don’t measure these, just a little sprinkle of each! Also the amount of ingredients will change based on how big your potatoes are. These were actually pretty small potatoes you can play with it until you get the consistency that you like!

Directions:

Bake Potatoes at 400 degrees for about an hour or until soft when you squeeze them!

Let Potatoes cool, this is really important otherwise you are going to be playing “hot potato”

Cut Potatoes in half, and scoop out the insides, leaving a little all the way around so your potatoes skin will be able to hold the filling.

In a bowl combine scooped out potatoes, and all the other ingredients and MASH AWAY! I have an old fashioned masher that was my Grandmothers that I love to use! Once everything is nice and mashed, think mashed potatoes here, scoop it back into the potato skins and top with a little cheese! Then Bake again @ 350 for 20 minutes!

 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment