Monday, September 17, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal



 The first day of autumn is just days away and there is definitely a chill in the air. I love to have easy yet hearty and warm breakfasts on these kinds of days.  I don’t however always have time in the morning to make something warm and hearty, some mornings I’m lucky to get breakfast on the table at all. That’s where Baked Oatmeal comes in handy! Now you can make this in a cake pan but I really prefer to make it in a muffin pan and then freeze them!  Then on mornings when I’m running late or just don’t feel like making anything I can reheat one or two of these and everybody is HAPPY!

Here’s what you’ll need:

3 cups Oats (old fashioned)

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1tsp pumpkin pie spice

2 tsp baking powder

½ cup Canned Pumpkin ( freeze the rest for another day)

1 cup milk

2 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

 

I really do need new pans! *hint hint*
I like to drizzle a little honey over them YUM

Here’s how you make it:

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, vanilla, and eggs. Add the egg mixture to the Oat mixture. Pour into a greased muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown on top!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment