Friday, September 21, 2012

Nutella Cheesecake



Have you seen this recipe on Pinterest? I have and boy is it drool worthy?! So I decided to make this for my Birthday. The Hubster is super busy with Army stuff and I knew he wouldn’t have the time to “make” me a cake which is cool because well I don’t really like cake, and he could pick one up but well I really don’t like store bought cake. I know I know who doesn’t like cake right? I mean I don’t hate it, I just don’t love it! I’d rather have a brownie or cookies or cheesecake! It’s still cake right? lol So For my birthday this year I tried the Nutella Cheesecake recipe from mybakingaddiction. Ok a couple of tips before we begin. 1. Don't be like me and forget the vanilla! 2. Don't press the cookie crust too hard into the cup, it makes it very difficult to scoop out when eating and 3. Make smaller portions! The last one is really just so you can enjoy more of it! The recipe says it make 4-6 serving, I made 5 and felt like 6-8 would have been a decent size as well! It is a great easy recipe and the whole Family LOVED it!


Here’s what you’ll need:
12 Oreo Cookies crushed
3 TBSP Melted Butter
8oz Cream Cheese, softened
2/3 cup Nutella
1 tsp vanilla
8oz container Cool Whip thawed
I used a rolling pin to crush my oreos
                                         I used my tart press to make the crust of the oreo but don't press too hard!


                                          Can you tell what I forgot? Yep the Vanilla!
                                  The recipe says to fold in the cool whip but I just mixed it in!
                                                             Looks Good to me!
                                      I put the plastic bag over a bowl to make filling easier
                                                                           YUM
Here’s how you make it:
    In a medium bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Place a spoonful of the crumb mixture into each cup and press it in the bottoms of the dishes (I used my tart maker to press it down) to form a crust layer.
   In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and the Cool Whip mix until no white is showing.
   Spoon the filling into each cup. Or scoop it into a Ziploc bag and cut the tip off to make it look a little more special. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this recipe. If I keep reading your blog I'm going to have to buy some more index cards to keep all these delicious recipies on.

    ReplyDelete