Monday, November 25, 2013

Crock Pot Turkey Breast

Have you ever made turkey in the Crock Pot? Neither had I. I've heard of people doing it and seen the pins on Pinterest but never actually tried it myself! It's a great way to cook a turkey or a Chicken though. And if you are having a small Thanksgiving this year it will free up some oven space! I like to use turkey breast for our sandwiches instead of buying lunchmeat at the store. This is a great way to get the meat cooked and keep it moist and flavorful!

Here's what you'll need:

1 Turkey Breast (you can use a whole Chicken but I wanted Turkey and we only like white meat)

1 stick of Butter

1TBSP Poultry Seasoning

Salt & Pepper to taste



Here's how you make it:

Place the Turkey in the crockpot, sprinkle the Seasonings over top. Place the butter on top of the Turkey. Turn the Crock Pot onto low and cook for 6-8 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F. Remove from the crock and let sit for a few minutes then slice and serve.

Enjoy

9 comments:

  1. So Kristie, have you actually done this...or are you just planning to do it? It sounds like a great idea if it doesn't dry out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made it, those are my pics in the post! It didn't drying out at all! I think the key is keeping an eye on the temperature of the turkey!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I want to make this tomorrow. Did you do 6 or 8 hours? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it for 6 hours, sorry I didn't see your comment until now! Did you make it? How'd it turn out?!

      Delete
    2. Hi! No worries, We actually got crazy busy and I *JUST* stuck this in the crockpot about five minutes ago. I will let you know how it turned out. :) Thank you for the answer - my crock pot seems to cook fast, so I am doing six hours and keeping an eye on it.

      Delete
    3. I just tweeted you a picture. It may not look great LOL, but it tasted great! I did 6 hours and added a large, peeled russet potato (for my husband) and a large, peeled sweet potato (for me) when there was one hour left. Then I added veggies when there was about a half hour left. It was tender, moist and fell apart. No need for a knife! Thanks for such an easy and wonderful recipe! https://twitter.com/PudgysHuman/status/435586418019033088/photo/1

      Delete
    4. So glad it turned out for you! What a great idea to add the potatoes! I'm gonna have to try that! Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
    5. Absolutely. We love it so much I've made it since and I am making it tonight LOL!

      Delete
    6. That's awesome! I need to make it again, with the potatoes!

      Delete