Friday, November 8, 2013

Pumpkin Bread with a Caramel Drizzle


When I think of Fall there is always one thing I HAVE to bake, and that's Pumpkin Bread! I know I know another pumpkin recipe? BUT this is just too good to not pass along! I've been making this recipe for probably at least 14 years! Which means that I'm old and well that's ok! It's that moment when you can say things like 14 years ago or *gulp* 20 years ago and it's actually a time that you remember, with clarity!? Yeah that's just awesome right?! No it doesn't make you feel incredibly old not at all! Ok back tot he task at hand baking Pumpkin Bread! I decided that it was finally time to bake the Pumpkin Bread, but I wanted to do something a little different this year usually we have it plain or with a cream cheese frosting, which is AMAZING! But I just wanted something maybe a little more special or at least not something I always make. Then I saw a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes with a caramel filling, and I thought hmmm I bet caramel on pumpkin bead would be really good. So this idea was born. I also decided to make the caramel in the crockpot using sweetened condensed milk, I mean I've seen the recipe all over Pinterest and have been wanting to try it forever, so this gave that chance!

Here's what you'll need:

3 cups Sugar

1 cup vegetable Oil

4 eggs

3 1/3 cups Flour

2tsp Baking Soda

1 1/12 tsp Salt

 1 tsp Cinnamon

1 tsp Nutmeg

2/3 cup water 

1 can Pumpkin Purée

Caramel Drizzle:

Sweetened Condensed Milk

Here's how you make it:

Place the unopened can of Milk in your crock pot, cover with water and heat on low for about 8 hours. Remove nd let cool before you open it. When it's cool open and enjoy your caramel!

For the Bread: combine the Eggs, Sugar and Oil in a large mixing bowl, beat until combined. In another bowl add in the Dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternating between the flour and water. Combine between each addition of flour and water. Finally add in the Pumpkin stir until mixed completely. Grease 2 loaf pans and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a tootick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from loaf pans and let cool on a wire rack. 

Before slicing the bread,drizzle the caramel sauce over the top. 

Enjoy 


No comments:

Post a Comment