Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving: Keep the Kiddos Entertained Bags


I really enjoy Thanksgiving. I love getting to spend it with Family or Friends or Soldiers. It's such a great time to reflect on what we've been thankful for the past year and to just enjoy everyone's company. However, sometimes for the kiddos it gets a little boring! I don't know about your kids but Man-Child used to get a little bored just sitting around while all the adults were talking. Even if other kids were around they seem to be good for awhile and then need a little shall we say guidance as to what to do. Squirrelly is how my Grandma would've described them!

So when I saw these little bags at Target I thought they would be perfect for a goodie bag of sorts for the kiddos. I wanted to fill them with things that would keep them busy, but wouldn't make a huge mess, or be too noisy. 

I made these "Turkey" coloring books. I simply traced the turkey from the bag and reduced the size a little then I cut the shape out of several sheets of paper. 

I added strips of leather with slits cut into them and I added a few felt feathers that they can attach to pipe cleaners, to each bag, so they could all make an Indian head dress. 

It's just a few things to help the kids pass the time on Thanksgiving. Most of the kids in our family are old enough to do these projects on their own but a few are little still and will need some help! Notice how nothing requires them to cut or glue anything? Yeah that's totally on purpose! 

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment