Friday, September 28, 2012

Fisher House: Oatmeal Craisin Chocolate Bar Cookies



Well it’s that time again time to make a part of a meal for the Fisher House! I think I mentioned it last month but I love being able to bake something for people to enjoy and maybe just maybe it makes their day a little better. One less thing to worry about and maybe a little bit of comfort given! I love that our Battalion is continuing to give back to this great cause! As a Mom it just feels right to help with food! I love this idea! So for those of you who didn’t see my post last month the Fisher House is a great organization that helps families of Soldiers by giving them a place to stay while their loved one is receiving medical care! Check out last month’s post HERE!

This month I decided to make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, but as I was getting all my ingredients together I realized that I had no raisins and only about 2/3 of a cup of Craisins. So I decided to improvise, I mean that’s what us Army wives do right Adapt and Overcome? So I used the 2/3 cup of Craisins and then added about a ½ cup of Chocolate Chips, cause chocolate makes everything better right?

Here’s what you’ll need:

Oatmeal Craisin Chocolate Bar Cookies

(Recipe slightly adapted from quakeroats.com)

1 stick+6 TBSP BUTTER

¾ cup Brown Sugar

½ cup Sugar

2 Eggs

1 tsp Vanilla

1 ½ cups Flour

1 tsp Cinnamon

1tsp Baking Soda

3 cups Old Fashioned Oats

2/3 cup Craisins

½ cup Chocolate Chips (semi sweet)

                                         Everything mixes together easily
                                          Put it all into your Baking Pan
                                             Smoosh it all evenly into the pan
Here’s how you make it:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl cream together sugars and butter, add eggs and vanilla mix well. Add Flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt mix well.  Then add in the Oats, Craisins and Chocolate Chips. Press dough into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool and then cut into squares.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment