Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Yorkshire Pudding


A few years ago my Parents were coming for Christmas and we had decided that we wanted to try something different for Christmas Dinner. We did a Crown Rib Roast and Yorkshire Pudding. I was a little nervous about the Yorkshire Puddings; I mean I wasn’t even really sure what they were exactly. But what they are is pure DELISHISHNOUS! And they are not that hard to make, really it’s all about timing! You want them to come out of the oven just as you are ready to eat! So if you are using a Roast Beef or something like that make sure it is ready to eat before you begin the Puddings. I should also mention I was confused by the name, pudding to me has always been a sweet treat but this is a savory dish and is more like a roll but BETTER! YUM! My mouth is actually watering as I’m writing this thinking about these delish bites of everything that is good and right in the world! So don’t be intimidated and give them a try!

 

Here’s what you’ll need:

4 Eggs room temperature

2 cups Milk room temperature

2 cups Flour

¼ cup pan drippings or butter



Here’s how you make it:

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well blended. Whisk in the flour one cup at a time until frothy and mixed completely. Set aside. Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray (it will make them come out easier) Spoon the pan drippings or butter equally among 12 muffin cups, about a teaspoon per cup. Place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until it begins sizzling. Remove from the oven and quickly pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each cup. Bake 10 minutes @ 450 then reduce the heat to about 425 and bake for another 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.    
makes 24 Yorkshire Puddings!

ENJOY

2 comments:

  1. I have a memory of eating these when I was little in England at a friend of my parents'. They were so delicious, it has stuck with me since. I'm going to have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it out and let me know what you think! I've never had the chance to go to England (one day I hope) and try them for myself!

    ReplyDelete