Friday, December 28, 2012

Italian Focaccia Bites


New Year’s Eve is just a few days away and we are going to be spending it with a few of my BFF’s in California! YAY so excited to see them. We are getting together with our Families and having GAME NIGHT! Can’t even wait for it! So I thought what would be something awesome to take over to their house for a delicious treat and it hit me. We have this great Pizza place near us and they make these amazing Focaccia Bites. I am in LOVE with them or at least in lust! I actually would rather have an order of them instead of the pizza which is still yummy! So because I can’t just go there whenever I have the desire to share these yummy little (ok not so little) bites of awesomeness I decided I needed to make the recipe up for myself and HOPE that it will turn out as yumtacular (it’s a word) And I’m sure my friends will love me even more for bringing this big batch of delish into their lives ;)

 

Here’s what you’ll need:
 
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white sugar
1 packet active dry yeast
1tsp Italian Seasoning
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 cup warm water           
2 TBSP roasted garlic olive oil
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
 A few Roasted Red Peppers sliced
4oz Cream Cheese
20 slices Pepperoni( or half pepperoni, half Salami)
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese



 


                                      
 

Here’s how you make it:

In a large bowl, stir together the Flour, Salt, Sugar, Yeast, Italian Seasoning and Black Pepper. Mix in the Vegetable Oil and Water.
When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Punch dough down; place on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, remove from the oven add on the Cream Cheese, Pepperoni, Salami, and Roasted Red Peppers, sprinkle on the Cheese Blend and place back into the oven continue to bake for another 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cut into small pieces, serve with a ranch dip or Italian dressing.
 
ENJOY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment