Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Gifts: Race Track



There really isn’t anything better than a homemade gift. I love to give them and to receive them. (hint hint) I really like making them for all the nieces and nephews that I have (4 boys and 3 girls) It’s getting harder and harder to make stuff the older that they get in fact this year I’m only making gifts for the youngest nephew he’s 2 ½ and my nieces they are 6, 5 & 3.

Today’s post is all about my littlest nephew. When my sister and 3 of her kids came up this summer He played with my sons old Thomas the Train tracks and trains. So I thought maybe he would enjoy having something like this himself to play with. BUT I didn’t want to go spend all the money that would go into getting him Thomas trains and tracks. So I saw on Pinterest (of course where else) this cute craft to make a car race track!  I know the little guy is going to love this present! I wish I could see his face when he opens it! I can’t wait until we get to visit so that I can play cars with him!

Here’s what you’ll need:

Black Felt (I used the stiff kind)

Scissors (I used my rotary scissors)

Yellow Puffy Paint


Here’s how you make it:

Ok so easy to do this, just cut wavy lines out of the felt, make it wide enough that 2 toy cars can fit side by side on the “road”. I then cut the strips in half so that he would have double the amount of roads to play with. Then with the Puffy Paint make little dash marks down the center of each strip. Let dry and you are ready to play cars!

I’m including a pack of cars and a box to keep it all in with his gift!

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment