Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Taco Soup!


It’s been such a busy few weeks; I needed a Dinner that was going to be quick and easy! We had a Football game to go to, nope not for my Son for my Husband! It’s the Annual Turkey Bowl! Where the NCO’s (Non Commissioned Officers) take on the Officers in our Battalion! Fun right? It’s cold and rainy here in Washington right now so I needed a dinner that would warm us up after the game! Taco Soup sounded like it would do the trick for us tonight! I know it's Thanksgiving and the blogosphere is full of Turkey Day recipes so I thought maybe a departure from that would be enjoyed by some of you!

                        

Here’s what you’ll need:

1can Black Beans

1can Kidney Beans

1can Tomato Sauce

1can Pumpkin Puree (yep it’s my secret ingredient)

1 cup Frozen Corn

2 cups Water

1lb Ground Beef Browned

1 Taco Seasoning Packet
TOPPINGS
Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Tortilla Chips (optional)

Here’s how you make it:

Brown your Ground Beef until it is no longer pink. Empty all the cans into the Crockpot. Pour in the Corn and the water, along with the Taco Seasoning. Give it a good stir and then put the lid on and let it cook all day on low (about 6-8 hours).

Tips: You can use canned corn if you have that instead, I prefer frozen so that’s what I use! You can also add canned diced tomatoes; I usually do but didn’t have any on hand today! If you add the diced tomatoes reduce the amount of water by 1 cup!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment