Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Giving Thanks


Thankfulness

So this Thanksgiving season I thought I would do things a little differently. I thought I would take a few days out of my Blogging to Give Thanks. I’m sure you’ve seen people doing this for the month of November on Face book. I’ve always done it on there but thought I would take it to a bigger stage than just my Facebook friends.
I want to start my Thanksgiving with my Family. I am so Thankful for all of them. From the youngest babies to the oldest Grandparents. My Family is what has shaped me into the person that I am today. I love that no matter where in the world the Army sends us they are only a phone call away. Sometimes that is the hardest part of being an Army wife, being separated from your Family for long periods of time and not being close by for all the Holidays and family celebrations.
I am Thankful for my Parents all 5 of them! Yep I said 5! I love them all for the different perspectives they give me. For the Love that they have given me. For the Friendships that we have built as I grew into an adult. I think being friends with your parents as an adult is truly such a blessing!
I am Thankful for my Sister! She was my first best friend and is still my best friend. She is the first one I go to when I need advice or comfort or someone to just tell me that I’m not alone, that no I’m not the only one who is dealing with a kid who won’t listen or talks back or is just crazy! She has 4 kids so sometimes I feel a little bad complaining about my 1! But she gets it! We talk or I should say text almost every day, sometimes all day long! (so thankful for unlimited texts;)!) Thanks Sissy!
I am Thankful for the step siblings that I have. We never got to grow up together but I am Thankful that they shared their parents with me!
I am Thankful for my Grandparents. I only have Grandma’s left. And they are such wonderful strong Women. I have the best memories of them. I love to hear all their life stories, they all had such different lives but the one thread they have in common is how strong and resilient they are!
I am Thankful for my In-laws, the whole crazy bunch! I love the stories they have to tell of my Husband when he was younger! I love the perspective they give me on where he came from and how he came to be the Man his is today!
I am Thankful for my Son! He is my Joy! At times he tries my patience to max! But he is such a thoughtful wonderful young man. Sometimes I think I am getting glimpses of the Man he is going to become. I love that he loves to sing, and does it well. (which he did not get from me) I love that he likes sports and doesn’t care if the guys on the team make fun of him for being in Choir. I am thankful for these years that we have because I know that there are not too many left until he will be leaving and heading out on his own.
I am so Thankful for my Husband who keeps me grounded. My Husband who is such a great provider, and such an amazing Father. I am thankful for the way that he encourages me to do what I want to do. I love that he wants me to be a stay at home Mom for our son even though he’s in school all day! I love the way he cares about his Soldiers, and how he sacrifices so much for the Army and doesn’t even think about it as a sacrifice, but as his duty! I love that he brags at work about the food I make him, when I feel like I am just making dinner or whatever. I love that we have loved each other for almost half our lives. I can’t wait until we get to the point when we’ve been together longer than we’ve been apart!
I am so Thankful for all of my Family!

                                 

~Family~


 

No comments:

Post a Comment