Friday, March 8, 2013

French Toast Balboa


Do you like French Toast? If you do than you are going to LOVE French Toast Balboa! It’s basically stuffed French Toast but it sounds all fancy schmancy if you call if French Toast Balboa! Whenever we go to visit my Mom in Pennsylvania, we go to this great hometown restaurant called the Brownstone. And they have this on their menu but you have to ask for the strawberries (it comes with blueberries which is good but strawberries are so yummy) since we don’t get back as often as I would like I had to come up with this recipe so I could have it whenever I wanted! I also added chocolate chips because well chocolate makes everything better J
 

Here's what you'll need:

Fresh Bread sliced (I used my artisan bread)

3-4 eggs, stirred

8 0z Cream Cheese

1tsp Vanilla

½ cup Sugar

Strawberries, sliced







Here’s how you make it:

Mix cream cheese, sugar, and Vanilla until combined. Heat a medium sized skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Take the bread and dip both sides in the eggs, place them in the skillet and cook until golden brown.  With one slice turn it over and while the other side is cooking spread about 2TBSP of the Cream Cheese mixture over the toast, add the strawberries and chocolate chips. Cook one slice until golden brown on both sides. When both slices are golden brown place the plain French toast slice on top of the one with cream cheese and strawberries. Repeat these steps for each serving of French Toast!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment