Wednesday, March 20, 2013

15 Mother Son Date Ideas


Mother/Son Date Ideas

As Man-Child gets older I keep looking for ways for us to stay connected. He is growing up so fast and in just 5 short years he’ll be leaving the nest. GULP! So I want to make these moments count. It’s getting harder as he gets older to find things that he likes to do with his Mom! Part of my New Years Resolution was to be more connected. So these ideas are ones we have tried and ones that we are going to try! I’m looking forward to doing the ones we haven’t tried yet! And to redoing some of our Fav’s!
Isn't he a cutie, he was 4 in this picture!

Here are 15 of my ideas!

1. Go see a Movie, this is always a favorite of ours, afterwards we always discus the movie, what our favorite part was, what the funniest part was etc.

2. Take a Hike. There are so many great trails around here and being in nature is just awesome. It also gives us a great chance to talk as we walk.

3. Painting Pottery This is one I’m looking forward to. The Hubster and I did this for date night once and LOVED it! So I’m thinking my artistic son will as well!

4. Go to a Museum. We had a lot of fun last year we got to see the King Tut exhibit!

5. Lunch Date: I usually let him pick where we go as long as it’s not fast food! We actually had “The Talk” at one of our lunch dates!

6. Coffee Date, He loves to go to Starbucks not for coffee yet but for a double chocolaty chip! We can sip our coffees and have meaningful discussions about the life and times of a 7th grader!

7. Go for a swim. We both love the pool and luckily he doesn’t mind going with his Mom!

8. Attempt to play a Video game! I am terrible at video games but since it’s something he enjoys I figure I can give it a go!

9. Low tech it and play a board game! This I can do! My favorite is Sorry!

10. Teach him to play a classic card game like hearts or spades!

11. Cook a meal together. I believe that every man should know how to cook at least a few different things, and I like to teach him how to fix his favorite foods.

12. Play a round of Mini Golf. We’ve done this quite a bit as a family but never just the two of us!

13. Bowling, because who doesn’t love wearing shoes that other people have worn and eating greasy gut busting chili fries or nachos from the snack bar!

14. Explore the Book Store, We both love to read and looking for new books which leads into the last idea…

15. Read the same book. It’s like a mini book club! I like this because it lets me know what he’s reading and it’s fun to be able to talk about something I know he is interested in. Plus it’s reading and honestly any excuse to read is a good excuse!

 Pick one of these ideas and take your Son out! Make some memories!

Any other ideas? Add them in the Comments!

 

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Some great ideas, you could do these with girls also! Or even your grandchildren. Here are some other ideas: Go to a sports game that he likess! Go on a picnic when the weather gets better! Make a craft together! GEt him to give you some blog ideas for kids!

    ReplyDelete