Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Bunny Cake


I bought these cute Easter Bunny cake pans several years ago and I’ve yet to use them! So I figured I would put them to good use now. I needed to bring a dessert to a ladies group and thought they would be the perfect thing to bring, since it’s so close to Easter. I decided to just go with a cake mix for this one, but I spruced it up a little.

 

 

Here’s what you’ll need:

For the Cake:

Yellow Cake Mix

1 stick Butter, melted

1 1/3 cups Milk

4 egg whites

For the Glaze:

Powdered Sugar

Milk

Food Coloring



 
 

Here’s how you make it:

 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the Cake Mix, butter, milk and eggs together in the medium bowl. Spray your pan and then pour the batter into the pan, fill about ½ to ¾ full. Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the cakes comes out clean. Let cool completely. I didn't measure the powdered sugar or the milk, I just poured some of each into the bowl and mixed it until I got the consistency that I was looking for kind of between a thick and thin? I know that's really vague! Stir together the powdered sugar and milk adding in your choice of food coloring. I like to use a pastry brush to apply the glaze. You could also spoon it on or even dunk the cakes into the glaze. Let set up and Serve.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute iodea! Wonder if you just do a white icing and then make a fast and stuff! Would be cute that way to. But I really like the colored glaze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wanted to do simple and easy but you could totally put a face on them and it would be super cute!

      Delete
  2. Too cute to eat! Love it. Thanks for linking this up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly for stopping by! <3 Monday Funday!

      Delete