Monday, November 26, 2012

Chinese Noodles


Chinese Noodles

I love Chinese food! Like I mean I really really LOVE it! The problem is finding a good Chinese place when we get stationed somewhere new! I grew up with a great Chinese restaurant in my hometown! I wish I could order it online and have it shipped to me! Every time I go home I convince someone to go with me, usually I don’t have to try very hard, it’s everyone’s favorite place! So since I LOVE Chinese food but am always leery of going to new places (cause let’s face it bad Chinese is really bad) So I figured out how to make my own versions that while nowhere near as good as the restaurants are still pretty delish! Now I make this with Chicken but you can totally sub any other kind of meat, Beef, Pork and because it’s only a few days after Thanksgiving, this would be a great way to use that leftover TURKEY!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1-2 pkgs Ramen Noodles

½ to a ¼ of a small Cabbage cut up

2 Carrots cut up
1 Stalk Celery cut up

1 Onion diced

Soy Sauce

Fish Sauce

Sesame Oil

1TBSP Butter

Chicken (cooked and cut up in small pieces)





Here’s how you make it:

Melt the Butter in a frying pan on medium heat; add in Cabbage, Carrots and Onions sauté until Carrots and Onions are soft. Meanwhile place Ramen in a bowl and pour boiling water over it let sit.  Add in Chicken. Sprinkle on some Soy Sauce, Fish Sauce and Sesame Oil. I know sprinkle isn’t an exact measurement but it’s really how I make this. When Noodles are soft scoop them out of the bowl and place them into the frying pan, with some of the water in as well maybe ¼ cup. Add more Soy Sauce about a ¼ cup, and a few more sprinkles of Fish Sauce. Stir everything together and let simmer for a few minutes so the flavors combine.

*Serve over Rice

ENJOY

2 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy. Will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is really yummy! AND really quick & easy, 2 of my FAVORITE things!

      Delete