Friday, January 3, 2014

Healthy Desserts: Black Bean Brownies

Part of my New Years Resolution is to continue eating healthier, so I thought I would include a healthy dessert recipe and a healthy meal recipe once a month on the blog. I decided to go with Dessert first as this is my biggest weakness! Nothing ruins a day of eating well like a 3 pm Chocolate craving, for me anyway!

I chose Black Bean Brownies as my first healthy dessert recipe! There are a lot of different recipes out there but they are all petty similar so I compiled my recipe based on them.

I really really REALLY wanted this recipe to work and it did sort of. The brownies are moist, they look great, BUT they still taste like BEANS! Yech! I think I will keep this idea and work on it a little. I've included the recipe so you can try it for yourself but just know IMO they still need work! If you do make it and make adjustments let me know how it turns out! I think basically they need 2 things MORE CHOCOLATE and the beans need to be smoother!

Here's what you'll need:

1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
3 TBSP Coconut Oil
3 Eggs
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips


Here's how you make it:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray and 8 in baking pan with Cooking Spray. Put the Beans into a food processor and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides and add in the remaining ingredients except for the Chocolate Chips. Process again and combined. Then stir in 1/4 cup of the Chocolate Chips. Spread the Brownie mixture into the prepared pan. Place remaining Chocolate Chips on top of the mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Enjoy (or not😉)

No comments:

Post a Comment