Friday, January 24, 2014

Cinnamon Roll Lasagna


Have you made the Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe that's all over Pinterest? It was one of the very first recipes I ever made from there when I first started pinning! It's such a hit too whenever I've taken it to anything it gets completely devoured and I'm always left wishing I had made a little more for us at home. I've never actually made it just for us either, which honestly is probably a good thing cause I'm pretty sure I could eat the entire pan! And that my friends would not be a pretty site!!


I decided to change it up a little, not much because honestly why mess with a good thing right? But I've been playing around with this idea of Cinnamon Roll Lasagana for a few months. I was thinking of just doing it like a unrolled cinnamon roll? But I decided if it was going to be more like a "lasagna" it would need a filling so then I knew I had to do it with the Sopapilla recipe. I guess I could've called it Sopapilla Cheesecake Lasagna but I liked the way Cinnamon Roll Lasagna sounds. To me thats what it feels like too. And really if you like Cinnamon Rolls you'll like this, it's like a perfect bite of Cinnamon Roll in every bite, you know the middle piece that has all that cinnamon sugar goodness and you've managed to keep the frosting on it in that spot too? Yeah that's every bite of this dessert! Give it a try!


                                                   You can see how much I enjoyed it!


Here's what you'll need:

2 cans Crescent Roll Dough (I like the sheets)

2 pkgs Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup Sugar

1 tsp Vanilla

1/3 cup Butter, melted

1/2 cup Sugar

1 TBSP Cinnamon 

Here's how you make it:

Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. In a 8in square pan place 2/3 of the crescent roll dough on the bottom. Meanwhile, In a mixing bowl combine the Cream Cheese, 1 cup of Sugar and the Vanilla, mix until combined. Then scoop half the mixture onto the dough, spread to cover. Top with another 2/3 of the dough, sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Then add the rest of the cream cheese mixture spreading to cover the dough. Top the cream cheese mixture with the remaining 2/3 of the crescent dough. Evenly pour the melted butter over the top of the dough. In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle over top of the butter being use to cover completely. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is Golden brown. Let cool for 20 minutes and the refrigerate until ready to serve. 


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, have to try this since none of my homemade buns seem to come out anymore.

    ReplyDelete