Friday, January 17, 2014

Butter Tart Shells


Last week I shared how to make Lemon Curd. It was so good I could've eaten it by the spoonful! Which I totally might have done! I sometimes rationalize eating stuff Iike that by telling myself it's ok 'cause it's HOMEMADE, I mean if it's homemade it's totally good for you right? Ha! Not so much, but it is still good and of course I am a firm believer in all things in moderation! In order to not eat all of the lemon curd by the spoonful I decided to make up a few Butter Tart shells to fill with the lemon curd. I also filled them with  Blackberry Jam that I made this summer and of course some Nutella because the Hubster is not a fan of Lemon or Blackberry Jam, and really Nutella is awesome, I think I need to try to make some. But first here's the tart recipe.

Here's what you'll need:

6 TBSP Butter, softened

1 cup Flour

1/4 cup Powdered Sugar

2-3 TBSP Water

Here's how you make it:

Place Butter, Sugar, and Flour into a mixing bowl. Mix until combined, add in Water 1TBSP at a time, until dough forms into a ball. For a large tart spread the tart dough into a 9 in pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. For mini tarts use a mini muffin Tin and place small dough balls (about 1inch) into the muffin cups. Press the dough down to form a small cup in the middle. Bake 8-10minutes. Let cool then fill with the fillings of your choice.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment