Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thin Mint Truffles


Every year at Christmas I make Oreo Truffles. They are such a big hit in my house we have to ration them out or they would all be gone the same day they are made. I usually make up a bunch of goodies for the Hubster to take into work and share (I’m not sure how much he really shares and how much he just eats himself). This year I wanted to play around with the recipe a little. And we just happened to have a few boxes of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies in the freezer! So I decided for our Company Christmas Party I would make Thin Mint Truffles! I made some Oreo ones too but I really just wanted to see how the Thin Mint ones would taste, and what better way to try out a new recipe than on a few hundred hungry Soldiers and their families! ;) Just kidding I use the Hubster and the son for all taste testing before inflicting it on the masses! And the Hubster said “if you like Thin Mints than that’s the way to go.”

Here’s what you’ll need:

2 boxes Thin Mint Cookies, finely crushed

1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese, softened

16oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips







Here’s how you make it:

In a mixing bowl combine the crushed Thin Mints and the Cream Cheese, mix until no white is showing. Shape the cookie mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place the balls into the freezer for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile melt your chocolate chips, I like to use the double boiler method but you can also melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals be sure to stir the chips in between heating. When the Chocolate is melted take the truffles out of the freezer. And using 2 forks dip them in the chocolate until they are evenly coated. Roll the truffles along the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place the truffles back onto the baking sheet and let set. I did sprinkle some sprinkles on the tops of mine just to make them look a little jazzed up! If you are going to use sprinkles make sure to put them on before they harden. Place them in the Refrigerator to harden quickly and then store them in a container until you are ready to eat them.

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment