Monday, December 10, 2012

Chicken Bacon Ranch Bake


I saw this great Pin for these Cheesy Bacon Oven Chips on Pinterest. You can find the recipe for them at vittlesandbits. And I wanted to make them sooo baaaad. BUT I needed dinner and not just an appetizer. So I thought how can I make this more meal like? Oh and did I mention that I’m almost out of cheese? HOW CAN THIS BE? Oh and I have no desire to go anywhere near a grocery store because it’s rainy and icky outside and I really just wanna sit on my couch looking at more yummy recipes and awesome crafts on Pinterest. So I decided if I add a little chicken and make more of a béchamel sauce this would work for me as a meal. I’m thinking a salad will have to go with it because well I don’t even want to think about the amount of calories in this.

Here’s what you’ll need to make it:

2-3 Chicken Breasts cooked and cut up into bite size pieces

3-4 medium potatoes

2TBSP Butter

2 TBSP flour

1 cup Milk

Shredded Cheese (now I only had a little Mozzarella on hand and would normally use something like Cheddar or a Colby Jack)

Salt & Pepper to taste

6 slices of Bacon cooked and crumbled

Ranch Dressing

Here’s how you make it:





 

Pre Heat oven to 375. Slice Potatoes into 1/8 in slices or as close as you can get. Place them into a pot and fill with cold water add some salt. Place on a burner and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Drain and lay on a paper towel, pat dry.

 Grease a baking sheet and lay potatoes and chicken on the baking sheet spray the top with more cooking spray. Bake for 12-14 minutes until everything starts to brown.

Meanwhile in a pan melt the butter on medium heat, add in the flour and stir it in, let cook for a minute then slowly pour in the milk. Stirring continuously until the sauce thickens. As the sauce gets thicker add in the shredded Cheese. Turn heat off and let sit until the potatoes and chicken are done.

When everything is done spoon the Cheese sauce over the Potatoes and Chicken. Then drizzle on some of the Ranch Dressing and serve!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment