Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chicken Curry Stew


Have you ever been making dinner, and it doesn’t turn out right so you have to make it into something different? Well that happened to me tonight! I was attempting to make Chicken and Rice Soup in the Crockpot. I put the rice in at the beginning and that was where I made my mistake. A few hours later I had Chicken and MUSH! It tasted well just ok and looked even worse! I tried adding more spices but it still wasn’t workin’ for me. So I thought CURRY! I added a few tablespoons of Curry Powder to the Mush, it turned out GREAT! I love Curry and this is a new way to enjoy it! It’s not pretty but it’s yummy and that what matter most right? Sorry I don’t have pictures of the process here but I wasn’t planning on blogging the Chicken and Rice Soup but I had to share the Chicken Curry Stew!

Here’s what you’ll need:

2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts

5cups Water

1 Carrot diced

1 Celery stalk diced

2tsp Garlic Powder

2tsp Onion Powder

1TBSP Curry Powder

1 cup Rice

Salt & Pepper to taste

Here’s how you make it:

Put all the ingredients into the Crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

I love it when a disaster in the kitchen turns into a new Yummy recipe!

ENJOY!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment