Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Feeding Soldiers: Twice Baked Potato Casserole


Our Battalion's turn to feed the Soldiers and Families at the Fisher House this month is the day after Christmas. I can’t imagine how hard it must be to not be well and to be away from your home and everything that you know during the Holidays. My prayers for these families are that they heal quickly and that they find a little comfort in the food we provide for them and that they know we are here for them thinking of them and supporting them. This month I decided to make a Twice Baked Potato Casserole. I make twice baked potatoes all the time I’ve even blogged about them. You can find the recipe HERE. So I wanted to make them but make it easier to serve to a lot of people. I saw the idea for it on where else PINTEREST! The recipe I looked at was on Six Sisters Stuff, but I think they actually got it from somewhere else as well. I’m actually just going to use the recipe I have always used to make my regular twice baked potatoes and add the bacon that they used because well bacon makes everything better!

Here’s what you’ll need:
5lbs baking potatoes
16oz Sour Cream
2 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese
½ cup Milk
½ cup Butter
10 slices Bacon cooked & crumbled
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste

 




Here’s how you make it:

Bake Potatoes at 400 degrees for about an hour or until soft when you squeeze them!

Let Potatoes cool, this is really important otherwise you are going to be playing “hot potato”

Cut Potatoes in half, and scoop out the insides.  In a bowl, combine scooped out potatoes, and all the other ingredients and MASH AWAY! When everything is all mashed up put the potato mixture into a greased baking dish mine was a 13x9. Sprinkle the remaining half cup of cheese on the top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, until the cheese is all melty and the potatoes have turned a light golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and add the bacon to the top and Serve!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment