Monday, December 24, 2012

Snowball Ornament


     Are you all done Christmas Shopping? I just finished yesterday! The Hubster actually finished yesterday too which is AMAZING because he is usually out Christmas Eve rushing around trying to get his shopping done! Since I'm finished and I have a little down time (how it that possible?) I decided to get a little crafty. It's kind of a mini craft, only made one thing and its small.

     Have you seen the Ornaments that are filled with candy? I’ve bought a few over the years, and I always save them thinking, one of these years I’ll make something with them! Well finally I am with at least one of them. I’ve seen lots of different things made with Epsom salts. It makes things look like snow, I’ve seen them covering Styrofoam balls and they look just like snowballs. So I thought I would cover my old ornament with the Epsom salts and see what it would look like. I love that this craft is basically free for me to do, in that I didn’t have to go out and purchase anything new to make it!
I wasn't going to use spray paint when I first started this project!

Here’s what you’ll need:

Empty candy ornament

Spray paint

Modge Podge

 Epsom salts


 
 

Here’s how you make it:

Place newspaper down on your work surface. Cover the ornament with white spray paint. (I used the kind with Primer included) Let dry. I placed them on tooth picks so that they wouldn't stick to the paper. Then cover with spray paint in your choice of color, I used silver because I wanted it to have a little shimmer to it. You can leave it white if you want it to have a traditional snowball look, if you leave it white you will probably want to give it another coat of spray paint. After the paint dries coat both sides with Modge Podge. Then Sprinkle the Epsom salts over the entire ornament. Let dry and you have a great new ornament!

ENJOY & Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment