Monday, November 5, 2012

Mini Apple Pies


These past few weeks seem to have just been crazy. I feel like we are going a million miles an hour with no pit stops in the near future! Maybe it’s just this time of year with Holidays, Sports and Army obligations. Don’t get me wrong I love this crazy life we lead, I just hope we are taking the time to savor these moments before they are gone.

This crazy week is starting off with a Bake Sale for my Husbands Unit. I was blessed with 3 HUGE boxes of apples from my Mom this Fall and so I have TONS of apple pie fixin’s already in the freezer, so I thought I would make some mini apple pies for our Bake Sale. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I thought maybe some of the Soldiers would enjoy homemade Apple Pie. I did cheat a little and used store bought crust. I mean it’s just too easy and it tastes good too so why not save some time when time is a hot commodity around here!

Here’s what you’ll need:

2 refrigerated Pie Crusts

Apple Pie Filling (if you are really pressed for time you could even use the canned stuff)

6 Cups Apples (peeled, cored & sliced)

½ tsp Cinnamon

1/8 tsp Nutmeg

¾ cup Sugar

 2 TBSP Cornstarch

 Here’s how you make it:

Pre heat oven to 425. Grease Muffin tin.
Unroll the pie crust, and cut circles out of it, I’m not sure of the size but they are a little bigger than the bottom of the muffin tins. 1 Crust should get you 12 circles with a little left over, place dough circles into muffin tins. Press down gently and then prick the dough with a fork in a few places.

Apple Pie Filling

Mix apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and cornstarch. Cook Apple filling in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until apples are tender and the liquid has thickened. Turn off the heat and scoop spoonfuls of the apple filling into the muffin tins. You just want to cover the dough but not fill up the muffin cup.  Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.

Since this is for a bake sale I placed each pie in a small cup to make it more portable.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment