Monday, January 20, 2014

Parmesan Crusted Grilled Ham and Cheese


I have a serious addiction to... CHEESE! I mean I'm pretty sure that I rarely go a day without eating some sort of cheese. I do try to limit it cause you know it's not totally super good for you! But I couldn't give it up, and I've tried trust me. A few years ago I did the Paleo diet, and there's no dairy allowed! Yeah it's pretty much the reason that diet didn't work for me! Cause there is no way you can tell me that almond "cheese" tastes anywhere near as delish as real cheese!


 Anywho since today is National Cheese Day! Did you know that? Nope me either until i was googling national food days! I thought what better way to celebrate that than to share my recipe for Parmesan Crusted Grilled Ham and Cheese.

Here's what you'll need:

2TBSP Butter, softened
1TBSP  Parmesan Cheese (use the real stuff if you've got it! I didn't so I used the powdered stuff)

Bread, sliced
Cheese, sliced (I used Colby Jack)
Ham

Here's how you make it:

Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Combine your Butter and Parmesan Cheese. Spread the Butter over your one side of each slice of bread. Place your Sliced Cheese and Ham on the side of the bread that is not buttered. Top with the other slice of bread buttered side up. Place the sandwich in your skillet and cook until both sides are a golden brown, and the cheese is melted.


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment