Monday, August 12, 2013

Chili Relleno Quiche


While we were down visiting in California it just so happened to be my Mom’s Birthday. She really likes Chili Relleno’s so when my sister sent me this recipe I knew what I was going to make my Mom for her Birthday Breakfast. Growing up her and her friends would sometimes have brunch and my Mom always made different Quiches. I like that they always taste really good and yet are so simple to make. The Hubster even likes quiche, although he may not admit that to many people! He probally wouldn’t like this one, ok well he would if he tried it but the green things inside would give him pause. Sometime I wonder if I blindfolded him and fed him if he wouldn’t eat more?! If you haven’t made a quiche before give this one a try and let me know what you think!

Here’s what you’ll need:

Pie Dough for single crust Pie

2 TBSP Cornmeal

1 ½ cups Monterey Jack Cheese

1 cup Cheddar Cheese

1 can (4oz) chopped Green Chilies

3 eggs

¾ cup Sour Cream

1 TBSP minced fresh Cilantro (optional)

2-4 drops Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)











Here’s how you make it:

Line unpicked party shell with a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.

Sprinkle cornmeal over bottom of pastry shell. In s small bowl combine cheeses, set aside ½ cup for topping. Add Chilies to remaining cheese mixture sprinkle into crust. In the same bowl whish the eggs, sour cream, cilantro and pepper sauce (if using). Pour into crust, sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment