Friday, August 2, 2013

HOMEMADE BROWNIE MIX


If you are on Pinterest I’m sure you’ve seen the post about making homemade brownie mix? I needed brownies for an FRG meeting and I didn’t have any mixes, so I thought what the Hay I’ll give this mix a try and see if it’s any good! All the posts seem to be about the same; actually I think a lot of them even use the same picture. So I’m not sure where this blog started, but the one I used was from Fake-It Frugal.I actually think this may be the original! I followed the recipe exactly for the mix. I did however, when it came time to make it, double it, because I needed more brownies than a 9x9 pan would give me. I mean let’s be honest I could probably eat the entire 9x9 pan myself! ;)  Anyone with me on that??



 I think they turned out great and I even made up another batch of the mix to have on hand!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1
Cup Sugar
½
Cup Flour
Cup Cocoa
¼
teaspoon Salt
¼
teaspoon Baking Powder






Here’s how you make it:

 Pour all the ingredients into a zip top bag and shake a little to combine.

 On the bag, add the following instructions: Add: 2 Eggs, 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil, 1 tsp Vanilla. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes in a greased 9x9 pan.

 You can also add chocolate chips to the top of the brownies before you bake them, about 1 cup.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment