Friday, August 9, 2013

Burst of Summer Peach Crisp


I’m on vacation at my Mom’s in Northern California. This is where I grew up and I really love it here. It always feels like home to me. The best part of visiting in the summer though, aside from seeing all of our family, is getting to enjoy all the fresh fruits from that grow in my mom’s yard! They have several fruit trees and blackberries are everywhere! The peaches were ripe when we got there and my Mom decided we should make a Peach Crisp. It was soo good. There is just something about making a dish with fresh just picked fruits that can’t be beat!  Eating these peaches is like a little burst of summer in every bite.

Here’s what you’ll need:

12-14 Peaches

4 cups Oats

½ cup Flour

1 cup Butter softened

1-2 tsp Cinnamon

½ cup Brown Sugar










Here’s how you make it:

Peel and slice all the peaches. Spread them evenly into a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile combine the Oats, butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Stir until everything is well mixed. Spread the Oat mixture over the Peaches. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool slightly and serve warm, top with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream if you like!


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment