Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Button Button Who's Got the Button


My Mom has this great sewing room. Actually she has a great “Barn” that the entire upstairs, with the exception of one room, is her area. She has a craft area, a writing room and then the sewing room. It’s kind of a creative person’s paradise! I wanted to make her something to put in her sewing room, so I made this sewing machine button sign.

Here’s what you’ll need:

Buttons in the colors of your choice

A Picture of a sewing machine (I used Google Images)

A piece of wood, I got mine at Wal-Mart for $4!

Modge Podge

Paint brush

Here’s how you make it:

Cut the picture out. Glue it onto the wood. Glue the buttons to the picture. Apply an even coat of Modge Podge to the entire board. Let dry. After I was finished my sister said it would’ve been cool if I had put fabric in the background. It would’ve been a great idea! Or even painting the background. Do it however you like. If you do try it let me know send me a pic I’d love to see what everyone else is doing!


ENJOY

1 comment: