Monday, August 19, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Biscuits


My sister and her kiddos came up to visit us last week and we had such a good time! It was such a change for me trying to figure out what to feed 6 people for every meal instead of just 2 or 3 that I usually have to feed! For breakfast one morning I decided to make Cinnamon Roll Biscuits. It was a recipe that my sister had brought with her. I like how easy they were to make and how quickly they were done! I have to admit I forgot to set the timer and the bottoms got a little burnt brown! I also didn’t have the powdered sugar which I swear I had but we couldn’t find it, so we didn’t have a glaze on top!

Here’s what you’ll need:

3-4 cups Bisques

1 ¼ cups Milk

1 egg

¼ cup Sugar

2 tsp Cinnamon

½ cup Brown Sugar

¼ cup Butter, melted
Glaze
1 cup Powdered Sugar

¼ cup Heavy Cream










Here’s how you make it:

Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, stir Bisquick, sugar, milk and egg until dough forms. Place dough on surface sprinkled with additional Bisquick; knead 5 times. Roll dough into 16x12- inch rectangle. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter; sprinkle evenly with brown sugar mixture. Starting at short side, roll up tightly; pinch edge of dough to seal well. Cut into 1 1/2-inch slices. In pan, place slices, cut sides down. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and whipping cream until smooth. Spread glaze over rolls. Serve warm.


ENJOY

2 comments:

  1. Yummy and quick to make, will really have to try this maybe this weekend!! Can you use milk if you don't have cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Milk would work too! I would think you would maybe use a little less milk so it would be thicker! :) Let me know if you make them!

      Delete