Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fisher House




    Today I’m baking Chocolate Chip Cookies for the Fisher House. The Fisher House is a Non Profit Organization that provides a "home away from home" for military families to be close to a loved one during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury.”  I’ve been lucky enough to help out our local Fisher House through my Husbands Battalion. Once a month we (the Battalion Spouses) provide a meal for the families that are staying there. So this month I volunteered to bring chocolate chip cookies! I love that I get to give back to my community doing something that I love to do! Feeding people seems like such a simple way to help fill a basic need!

Lets get started!
 
 
Butter and Sugar creamed together:)


I like to stir the chocolate chips in with a spoon!


All mixed together... try not to eat it all before ya bake them;)
 
                                                 I know I need new pans right? ;)

Here's What You'll Need:
(Tollhouse Cookies)

2 ¼ cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4cup sugar
3/4cup brown sugar
1tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups Chocolate Chips

Directions:
In a small bowl combine, flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl cream together butter, both types of sugar and vanilla. Add eggs beat until combined. Mix flour into the butter mixture. Then stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 9-11 min @ 375
                                                                 YUMMY! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment