Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Twine Letters

A few months back before I'd even really heard of Pinterest ( I know, I know I was a little behind) my friend said she'd seen these cool letters wrapped in twine! I was like "Really? That sounds kinda cool" So we got busy and made one up! And I LOVE IT! I love the possiblities it has. It's been hanging on my front door since April! It is so simple and cheap inexpensive to make!

The letter all covered in Twine!

Added a ribbon and hung it up on the front door!

Stuck some flovers on it to "dress it up" oh the possiblities
Here's what you'll need to make a twine covered letter of your very own!

A Letter ( I got mine at Michaels)
Hot Glue Gun
Twine ( can be found all over @ craft stores, hardware stores)

Decide how you want to wrap your letter, I just went around the letter the same direction. Place some hot glue on the letter and cover with the twine. Just keep doing this until you have it covered! Be careful the glue is HOT!

I just glued the ribbon on the back after it was finished! But you could use some kind of hooks, like the ones on the back of picture frames!

For the flowers, I just stuck them in the grooves they stayed for awhile I didn't want to glue them because I wanted to be able to put different things up there! You could put pinwheels, poinsettas or poppies in there! But seriously, you can change it up for whatever Holiday or event you are celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment