Friday, September 14, 2012

Inside Out Chicken Pot Pie


My Sister gave me this recipe the other night when I couldn’t decide what to make for dinner! We do that a lot… send a text “what are you making for dinner” “IDK what are you making” and often times one of us ends up making what the other suggested! This was the case the other night. Except she was making Chicken Noodle Soup for her sick kiddos, and she gave me this recipe as well as a few others. I went with the Pot Pie because it was such a simple recipe I couldn’t not try it!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 can Cream Soup (I used cream of celery because for whatever reason that is the only kind I had in my Pantry)

1 cup of Frozen Mixed Veggies (again didn’t have this so I used frozen peas & frozen butternut squash)

2-3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and cut up

(I also added onion powder, salt & pepper didn’t measure just a sprinkle to jazz it up)

Biscuits for the top

                      I like to have some shredded chicken in the freezer for quick dinners
So simple everything just goes in the pan!

                                 It's ready when everything is bubbly and warmed through


Here’s how you make it:

Add the cream soup + 1 can of water, veggies, and chicken into a skillet. Cook over medium heat until bubbly and heated through. Top with a Biscuit and you are Golden!

*a little side note, my son and I loved the butternut squash, my husband did not ;) *

No comments:

Post a Comment