Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tee Shirt Bags


Tee Shirt Bags

Ok are you ready to be amazed? I have the easiest craft for you today… Tee Shirt Bags! Honestly you are going to be raiding your children’s closets for shirts to use for these bags! My son loves for me to use his shirts that no longer fit but he still likes! They are great to take for overnight bags, road trip bags, pool bags; grocery bags the uses are endless! I got this T Shirt at a marriage retreat this weekend! It was an amazing Retreat given by the Army Chaplains. Honestly if you are a Military Family try and do one of these retreats. This one was called Strong Bonds and was FANTASTIC. Now we happened to arrive a little late and so there was only one shirt left and it happened to be a size small, well I’m not now nor have I ever been a small so I said to the Hubster grab me a shirt anyways I’ll make a bag out of it! YAY! That makes this project like totally free for meJ

                                          This is a night shirt so it's really long!
                                          My top cut is a little off 1st time with a Vneck!
                                          Save the bottom of the shirt for another craft!
                                          I didn't pin mine but you can if you want to I just didn't!
Ended up in a boho bag style that I really like!

Here’s what you’ll need:

 T-Shirt 

Sewing Machine

Matching Thread

Here’s how you make it:

Lay the T-Shirt flat on a cutting surface, with a rotary cutter (you can use regular scissors but rotary cutters are so much easier) cut around the neck of the shirt. Then cut around the sleeves.
If you want the bag to be shorter you can cut off the bottom. Which I did for this bag because after looking at the shirt I think it was a night shirt?!
Turn the shirt inside out, and line up the bottom, pin the bottom together. Sew a seem along the bottom (be sure to back stitch at the beginning and the end).
 That’s it you are done and now you have a great bag that cost you almost nothing! I am probably going to dye this bag at some future point because really white and 2 dogs just don’t work!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment