Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day


I want to take just a moment to honor our Veterans both past and present. It really is such an amazing thing to enlist in any of the branches of the Military. I know different people join for different reasons, some because it's a family tradition, others to pay for college, or maybe because you didn't know what you wanted to do just yet. It doesn't really matter the reason, it matters that they did! Whether they realized it at the time or not these brave men and women did something so honorable I can't even wrap my head around it at times. To be that brave, that courageous. To give selflessly of themselves to our country, to you and me. It just boggles my mind!

You don't get through 13 years of war without loosing some wonderful people along the way. People who joined the service for whatever reason, but paid the Ultimate price for our freedoms. You don't come away from 13 years of War without knowing someone who has TBI or PTSD. You don't come away from 13 years of War without knowing people who have lost limbs or have scars or who just aren't the same anymore. 

But Veterans Day isn't just about the wounded. It's about the Service Men and Women who also came before. The ones who served in Desert Storm, and Vietnam, the Korean War, World War I and World War II. The ones who paved the way who have secured our freedoms all along. It's about those that served in peace times and built our Military into the strong force that it is today! 

I hope you'll take a minute today and say a prayer for those that have served this Amazing Country of ours. If you know a Veteran tell them Thank You, give them a hug or a handshake and let them know they made a difference! I personally want to thank my Dad & his Wife, and my Husband. I also want to thank all of our Family that has served and all of the Friends that are like family that we've served with along the way. To the families who have paid the Ultimate Sacrifice I honor you.  And to the Service Men and Women currently in harms way GODSPEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment