Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Engineer Castles


Have you. Ever volunteered to do something that you think is going to be a walk in the park and it turns out to be WAY more involved than you had originally planned? Well that's where we're at right now. My husband and I volunteered to make 50 castle center pieces for our up coming Welcome Home Ball. He is an engineer after all and red castles are a part of that tradition. And the Hubster is super handy with tools so we both thought this is going to be a piece of cake! Well it's not that this is a hard project it's just WAY more time consuming than either of us thought it would be!

He has spent the better part of this last four day weekend in front of one saw or another! Poor guy! But he Soldiered on and got them all done! I love them and maybe it's an Engineer thing but I fully intend to use one as a center piece on my table! 

I was thinking though that they could be cute for a little girls room too. Or even a little boy who's into knights! Just change up the paint colors and maybe add a little more details! 

Enjoy!

2 comments: