Monday, December 16, 2013

Crock Pot Spiced Ham


Do you make ham for Christmas Dinner? We don't if it's just us, we usually do a Prime Rib. But if we have a big group of Soldiers coming over or lots of Family visiting, we will do a Ham. I wanted to try cooking one in the Crock Pot. You know how it is during the holidays always juggling around what can fit in the oven. If you can get something cooking in the Crock Pot it would free up some of that precious oven space. So until I get my dream kitchen with a double oven I am always on the lookout for good Crock pot recipes.

Here's what you'll need:

Ham, precooked

1 cup Sugar

1tsp Onion Powder

1tsp Cinnamon

1tsp Nutmeg

1/2 tsp Ground Ginger

1/2 tsp Paprika

10-12 Whole Cloves (or 1/2tsp ground cloves)

2-3 TBSP Water







Here's how you make it:

Cut diamond shapes in the top of the ham and insert the cloves. Place in the Crock-Pot with 2 cups of water. Meanwhile in a sauce pan combine the rest of the ingredients. Adding just a little water, heat until the sugar thickens into a thick syrup. Spread over the top of the Ham, and then turn the CrockPot on to low and cook for 3-4 hours until heated through. Remove from the Pot and remove the cloves, slice and serve.

Enjoy


4 comments:

  1. Wow. It looks so good. Thank you for your post maybe I can try new recipe for this Christmas! Have a happy celebration.

    Military spouse career

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it let me know! Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete
  2. Will have to try this! I'm glad I get the email of this because then I can put the recipe on my cookbook file! This sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good the guys couldn't stop eating it!

      Delete