Monday, June 10, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Tortellini Alfredo


I don’t know about the rest of you but right now I have to get creative with Dinners. It’s so nice out that I honestly don’t even feel like cooking and I wish that the Hubster was home so he could just grill for me every night. Not that I don’t know how to use the grill, he just does it SOOOOO much better! Added to the not feeling like cooking is the fact that Man-Child is keeping us super busy with end of the school year chaos; baseball games, choir concerts and talent shows. So I needed a recipe that would be ready quick and wasn’t going to take a lot of time to make. So I threw this together.

Here’s what you’ll need:

1pkg Cheese Tortellini

1 jar Alfredo Sauce

Buffalo Chicken Strips (1 per person)

½ cup (or so) Peas

Ranch Dressing

Buffalo Sauce







Here’s how you make it:

Bake the Chicken Strips according to the package directions. Meanwhile boil the Tortellini in a large Sauce Pan for about 8- 10 minutes until it is done to your liking. I like to place the frozen Peas in the colander and pour the noodles over them so it thaws them out. After the water is strained return the noodles and Peas to the Pan. Turn the heat down to medium low and add in the Alfredo Sauce. Cook until sauce is warmed through. After the Chicken is done baking cut it into slices. Scoop the Tortellini into a bowl and add the sliced Chicken Strips on top, then drizzle the Ranch Dressing and Buffalo Sauce over the top. Adding as much or a little as you like.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment