Monday, December 9, 2013

Crockpot Beans


Every Thursday night growing up we would go to my grandparents for dinner. We didn't always know what were having until we got there. There were lots of things that we had that I loved but there were a few that I was always disappointed to find out we were having. One of those was a pot of beans! I don't know why I didn't like them but I really didn't. Since I've grown up I love beans, it's a simple affordable and filling meal. And it tastes great! Making them in the crock pot makes them perfect especially this time of year when we are all so busy, with School Programs and work parties and shopping, which I am not even close to be done with yet!

Here's what you'll need:
1lb pinto beans

Water for soaking, and cooking

2 pieces of cooked bacon, or ham

Salt & Pepper to taste



Here's how you make it:

Sort and rinse the beans. Soak the beans over night. In the morning drain and rinse the beans again. Place them into your crock pot and cover with water. Water should be about 2in above the beans. Cover and cook on low for 8 hrs until beans are tender. Add the salt and pepper before serving.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment