Wednesday, December 18, 2013

DIY Christmas Star


I've wanted a wreath or something to go above our garage every Christmas since we moved into this house. I love Stars and thought that a star made out of evergreen would be really nice. But I also wanted it to last more than one season. So I decided to use the garland that you buy at the store. This project is simple and inexpensive. I got the Hubster to cut the wood for me and nail everything together. Then I wrapped the garland all the way around.

Here's what you'll need:

5 yard sticks, cut into 10,12in pieces (you could use,12in pieces of wood or rulers we couldn't find any)

50 feet of Garland

Nails

Staples

Hammer

Staple Gun




Here's how you make it:

Lay the 10 pieces into a star shape, placing the ends on top of each other. Place 2-3 nails in each point. Then take the garland and staple the end to one point. Wrap the garland around the wood, stapling every few inches. Continue until garland is wrapped all the way around. Now your star is ready to hang!

Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment