Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Eggs



I wanted to decorate our Mantle for Easter.This mantle decorating thing isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I'm always looking for new ways to decorate it and things to add to it. For Easter I have 3 great Longaberger Easter Baskets that I’ve had for years and I knew they would look great up there. But I wanted something else on the mantle. I decided to decorate a few Styrofoam eggs.



I did some with glitter and then I decided to do one large egg with shells.


Here’s how I did it.


For the glitter eggs, I simply coated the eggs with Elmer’s glue, then sprinkled the glitter over the eggs. Making sure to completely coat the eggs with the glitter, adding more glue and glitter as necessary.



For the shell egg, I tried using the Elmer’s glue but the shells just kept sliding off. I thought about trying hot glue but I was worried that the glue would dry before I could get many shells on and also that it might melt some of the Styrofoam. I ended up using E-6000, if you haven’t used this glue before it’s a great craft glue. I worked in sections on the egg doing one part at a time, then letting it dry. It’s kind of like putting a puzzle together. All in all I’m pretty happy with how they all turned out. I’m not sure how the glitter eggs will hold up in the long run, but they look great for this Easter.


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment