Monday, April 28, 2014

Healthy Meals: Cauliflower Fried Rice


Yesterday was the Hubsters’ Birthday and man oh man did we indulge! I’m talking a big breakfast, lunch, dinner and a  super rick Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake that was so RICH to top it all off! It was so good but really OVER the calorie goal for the day that I didn’t even think about keeping track. Every now and then you have to treat yourself to a special meal or two! But since we did over indulge a little, I’m feeling like we need to have a few healthy meals this week.


My post on Quinoa Fried Rice is one of my most Pinned Pins on Pinterest. So when I tried Cauliflower Rice a few months ago I figured I could make it into a Fried Rice. It seems like the perfect Healthy Meal to have this week.


I didn’t add any meat this time, but you could totally add in some diced chicken or ham or whatever you happen to have in the fridge.


Ingredients:

1 medium head of Cauliflower
1 Onion, diced
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 Carrot, shredded
1 cup Peas
2 Eggs
1 TBSP Olive Oil
4 TBSP Soy Sauce

Directions:

 In a food processor shred all the Cauliflower. In a large skillet add the oil and heat over medium heat. Add in the onions and garlic cook for a few minutes until the onions are translucent. Stir in the Cauliflower, Carrots and Peas add in the Soy Sauce, stir to combine. Cook until Cauliflower is no longer crunchy. Make a well in the middle of the Cauliflower and pour in the Eggs, stirring to cook.  Let cook a few more minutes, remove from heat and it is ready to serve.



Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment