Friday, April 4, 2014

Lemon Mousse

Hippity Hoppity Easter’s on its way… 



Can you believe it’s already April, I think I’ve said that every month this year but really it’s just all going by so fast. Sometimes I think we spend so much time wishing for something else to come, babies to take their first steps, say the first words, toddlers to grow out of whatever terrible phase they may be in, our little kids to be more grown up et cetera et cetera, that we miss all the steps along the way! I know now that as we are seemingly getting closer and closer to when Man-Child will no longer be at home (yes it’s still 4+ years away) I wish we had more time. I wish we could slow it all down just a little. As we get ready to celebrate Easter, I’ll miss not having an Easter Egg Hunt and the excitement that used to come with that. It isn’t the reason we celebrate Easter and sometimes it’s nice to NOT have to worry about all that too but it is just one more sign he’s growing up. Oh and for sure we will still be dying Easter Eggs (something’s you never outgrow)


And I know I just wrote that whole paragraph that has almost nothing to do with today’s post, but this Mama is getting a little sentimental lately!


If you are looking for a new dessert I think this Lemon Mousse would be a great addition to your Easter Dinner Menu. It is simple, light and so delish! Is there a fruit that says spring more than Lemons? Not to me! Lemon Mousse is a refreshing treat. I used my recipe for Lemon Curd, but you could use store bought. You can serve it on its own, or maybe as a pie, hmm that sounds good…


Here’s what you’ll need:

Lemon Curd (1 Jar or one recipe homemade Lemon Curd)
Cool Whip

Here’s how you make it:

In a mixer combine the Curd and the Cool Whip, whip until combined. Chill until ready to serve, spoon into individual dishes.



Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy and refreshing and easy to make. Lemon curd to the grocery list

    ReplyDelete