Wednesday, April 23, 2014

DIY Wine Bottle Stoppers



Mother’s Day is coming, can you believe that it’s only a little over 2 weeks away? I have the unique situation of having 3 Moms, and a Mother in Law so Mother’s Day can get a little crazy, plus I’m a Mom too so it’s also my day right?!



I’m always looking for cool little gifts and any time I can give a homemade gift I chose that option. Remember as a kid you would make something for your Mom at school or maybe in Sunday school? I cherish those gifts from my Son and I know my Mom’s still have several of the gifts I made them growing up. I think its fun to give them something that I make now.



I’d seen Wine Stoppers made with corks and a drawer pull, and I thought I could totally do that! The hardest part of this project was deciding which drawer pull to use. I went to Hobby Lobby and looked through all of the ones they had. They had great ones that are super sparkly and then they have really simple ones too. I went somewhere in between.
For a great gift presentation pair the wine stopper with a nice bottle of wine and maybe a couple of new wine glasses.





Materials:

Wine Cork
Drawer Pull
Glue

Instructions:


I used a cork from a previously opened bottle of wine. Which works great for this project, because you’ve already made a hole in the cork from the corkscrew. Take some glue (I used E6000) and spread a thin coat around the screw part of the drawer pull. Screw it into the cork. I also placed a small amount of glue on the underside of the drawer pull. Screw it in until the bottom of the drawer pull is flush with the cork. Let dry and then it’s ready to keep that opened bottle of wine fresh, and looking pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Had to forward this cause Bill and Betsy drink wine a lot, so thought it would be cool for her to see and maybe we could make some@@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! They are so easy!! Maybe I will send one!

      Delete