Friday, April 11, 2014

Healthy Desserts: Chocolate Covered Bananas


Our Spring Break is over! I’m not sure if I’m excited about that or sad, maybe a little of both! It’ll be nice to have the house to myself again during the day, but sometimes, it’s just sooooo quiet! I mean sometimes that’s a good thing right? BUT, sometimes, you know I start talking to myself, well really the dogs, but ya know they don’t talk back, and I’m pretty sure if people heard me I’d be committed!



Which in a weird way brings me to today’s post. Chocolate covered Bananas! In my freshman psychology class our professor told us that a banana a day keeps the therapist away! Bananas have tryptophan, an essential amino acid that gets converted into serotonin (the feel good brain chemical). How much it helps or how much banana you have to eat I’m not sure however it’s a great excuse to eat these Chocolate Covered Bananas anyway!


Here’s what you’ll need:

Bananas
1 cup Chocolate chips (the darker the better for you)
Toothpicks


Here’s how you make it:

Peel and cut Bananas in half. Stick a skewer into the center of the banana. 
Meanwhile melt the chocolate either in the microwave at 30 second increments or over a double boiler. Dip the  Bananas in the melted chocolate, and set them onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Store in the freezer. Serve frozen!


Enjoy

2 comments: